In these key combinations, hold down the Windows
key (normally located between Alt and Ctrl) and
another key, as described on this list.
- Press the Windows key to enter the tiled Start screen.
- The Windows key + M minimizes everything that's showing on the desktop.
- The Windows key + E opens Explorer for quick access to folders.
- On the Start screen, press the Windows key + D to instantly get to the desktop.
- The Windows key + Tab opens a list of currently running programs.
- The Windows key + Print Screen takes a screenshot and saves it in a Screenshots folder nested in your Pictures folder.
- To take a screenshot on a Windows 8 tablet, simultaneously press the Windows button and the volume-down button on the tablet chassis.
- The Windows key + Q opens a global search menu.
- Type what you're looking for and where you would like to look.
- The Windows key + W opens a search in your system settings to quickly locate and change system properties.
- The Windows key + F opens a file and folder search.
- The Windows key + Pause opens the system properties page to show you a quick rundown of your specs.
- The Windows key + "," (that's the comma sign!) makes all current windows transparent, giving you a peek at the desktop as long as you hold down the Windows key.
- The Windows key + "." (the period) snaps a window to the right or left side (toggling each time you press ".").
- The Windows key + R prompts the Run command— useful for quickly launching apps and other routin.
You like the Post? Then Please Share it...