Apple has launched their latest firmware ios 7 with lots of new and exciting features , a cool user interface and a very attractive design and looks of icons. The latest version of Apple's mobile platform has been met with mixed feelings by critics, Apple has made it clear that this is the way it's going to be - no matter if you like it or not. With hopes that it's all a matter of getting used to, and that Apple has been polishing and improving its software since the early betas It is free and available for download from 18th September 2013. This new firmware is already installed by many apple users and they are using it happily but many of you dont know some hidden tricks of this new operating system.
SOME PROS OF IOS 7 :
- Multiple pages of apps within folders.
- The default weather app–shows animations of the current weather in your area.
SOME CONS OF IOS 7 :
- The lag time when switching between apps “the old way.” While the animation does make for a cooler look, it makes the overall experience seem a little slower.
- The new operating system makes his iPhone look like a Droid.
IOS 7 TIPS AND TRICKS
1. MULTIPLE PAGES OF APPS INSIDE FOLDER
Apple ios 7 allows it's users to create many pages of apps inside any folder and to slide to switch between those different pages.
If you want to move apps between different screens the you should simply Tap and Hold the app icon , wait the phone to vibrate and then Drag the icon to desired screen where you want to place it and release the icon once the icon reaches place of your wish.
2. MULTITASK AND SWITCH APPS IN IOS 7
You can perform multitasking in ios 7 , thanks to the powerful processor which is always been a great feature of all apple phones. For experiencing multitasking feature in ios 7 just double click the home button i.e. the small round shaped button located on the bottom front on your iPhone and slide to easily switch between apps.
3. CLOSING A RUNNING APP WITHOUT OPENING IT
If you wish to close any application from the stack of running apps then you can simply drag that app upwards from the apps being displayed on the screen as shown in below screenshot.
4. SWIPE UP FOR CONTROL CENTERThe new swipe up feature for the iOS7 Control Center makes it much simple to swipe up and run control center unlike iOS6 where it needed multiple clicks in order to reach control center . What used to be Settings > Brightness is now a swipe up from the bottom of the screen and a quick drag of a slider.
My favorite features of the Control Center are the flashlight, wi-fi settings, airplane mode , Bluetooth settings and screen orientation. It is much similar to that Notification Panel present in Android devices which gives freedom to user to change and manage the settings of phone anytime as per their requirements.The Control Center is available from any screen in iOS7, including the lock screen.
Here’s a full list of the features you’ll find in your control center:
- Airplane mode
- Do Not Disturb
- Screen Orientation
- Music Controls
- Airdrop and Airplay
5. SWIPE DOWN FOR NOTIFICATION
As similar to it's preceding ios , in the latest version of ios 7 the notification bar can be seen by swiping it down from the top of the screen. Here you can see notifications in several different categories such as TODAY , ALL , MISSED ,
6. QUICK SEARCH
In earlier versions of ios , you had to scroll to the left in order to reach the last screen for using search feature. But ios 7 provides this search feature from any home screen. All you have to do is simply pull down the home screen and the search bar will be displayed.
I hope all these tricks will improve your experience of using new ios 7.